El 1/9/21 a les 17:14, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus ha escrit:

2) specifically the hack for server-sent events I mentioned here https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/pipermail/lazarus/2020-June/238089.html will still work?

The pastebin link is down ?

it's still there but it requires a login, anyway, I copied it here

https://pastebin.com/gyqS83Nt

1) I suppose is a given ;-), 2) I ask because you only mentioned websockets and not server-sent events.

Server events are normally done using HTTP/2, and this is planned.

well, I'm successfully using it over http 1.1 (I suppose that's the only protocol currently supported by fpWeb)

I can't promise your code will still run, but since the server was modified to keep connections alive indefinitely, I suppose that you should now be able to handle server events even easier with the upgrade mechanism;

It'd be enough for it to continue working as it is....

It's just a matter of deciding to 'upgrade' depending on the URL & headers
in the initial request. In case you try to take a shot at it and you need help implementing it, let me know...

...when I have to modify the project using the above hack, though this could happen next month, next year or never. In that case I could try to adapt the code to the new paradigm but, as I said, I'd prefer it to continue working as it is ;-) (most probably because the http server part won't be the part I'll need to modify).

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007