On Tue, 14 Sep 2021, Joost van der Sluis via lazarus wrote:

Op 14-09-2021 om 14:26 schreef Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus:

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021, Joost van der Sluis via lazarus wrote:

Hi all,

I'm playing with several debuging-concepts. And I want to share this one with you.

I've created a new Lazarus-debugger LazDabDebugger that can work with FpdServer. It depends on a package (LazDebugExtensionIntf) that adds another way of showing debugging variables inside Lazarus.

I can write tons of texts about the background and possibilities. But for now I'm just curious at your input.

Look at the screencast or install the debugger, and share your opinion(s).

Impressive job...

Looking at the screencast, I think changing the current interface with the
one presented in the screencast would be a definite improvement; regardless of the backend used...

Yes, but that needs work on the backends. And I think we can better improve and fine-tune the interface first. At this moment this is easily done. Once there are multiple backends, that becomes more work.

I think you indeed better fine-tune first. It could be that the fine-tuning
necessitates changes in the API, so better to do this with 1 backend. Once
the API is stable, expand to other backends.

Michael.