On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 11:00 AM José Mejuto via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> There are IMHO two front lines, one is the "replace" of TMask in
> internal LCL functions, exposed or not to the user, and in this case all
> options that allow mimic the old behaviour should be disabled. The other
> one is the TMask itself which can be "replaced" with same settings as
> internal LCL functions and/or a TMaskExtended which can use all the
> syntax options.

I'm sorry, but I don't really know what you mean here.

> > Lots of documentation to do.
>
> In the mask world I think that many mask samples are better than a lot
> of text trying to explain what a set, a range, etc, is. Short text with
> 3, 4, ... 10 samples.

I agree.

> but current TMask allows ranges and
> sets which is confusing me about the function requirements.

Again ,not sure what you mean by that.
In the old TMask I introduced the option to disable that and called it
moDisableSets (I'm also not native English), where your use of the
word Range might have beeen more appropriate.

In Pascal a set (of characters) is ['a'..'z'], whic is a synatx TMask
does not support AFAICS.

--
Bart