On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 8:46 PM Juha Manninen via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> There would be a constructor named CreateExtended or CreateAdvanced or
> similar, allowing the new nice syntax.

You totally lost me here.
IMHO there is no need for CreateExtende or similar new constructor.

THis is what we currently have.

TMask:
constructor Create(const aMask: String; aCaseSensitive: Boolean;
aOpcodesAllowed: TMaskOpCodes); virtual; overload;

TMaskWindows:
constructor Create(const aMask: String; aCaseSensitive: Boolean;
aOpcodesAllowed: TMaskOpCodes; aWindowsQuirksAllowed: TWindowsQuirks);

TMaskList:
constructor Create(const aValue: String; aSeparator: Char=';';
CaseSensitive: Boolean=False;
      aOpcodesAllowed: TMaskOpCodes=MaskOpCodesDefaultAllowed);

TMaskListWindows:
constructor Create(const aValue: String; aSeparator: Char=';';
CaseSensitive: Boolean=False;
      aOpcodesAllowed: TMaskOpCodes=MaskOpCodesDefaultAllowed;
      aWindowsQuirksAllowed:
TWindowsQuirks=WindowsQuirksDefaultAllowed); reintroduce;

These __are__ the extended constructors for aal the fancy new/extended stuff.
They are called by all the other constructors that only have the old
parameters.

So we have backwardscompatibility and extended capability just with
all constructors named simply Create.

--
Bart