On Mon, 29 Nov 2021, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

On 29/11/2021 12:05, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:

What do you mean 'artificial restrictions' ?  The above is quite standard.

IMHO  "if csLoading" tests are also "quite standard"

"If HandleCreated" exist too, not sure how widespread....

"accessing canvas"  outside paint, is discouraged.

Well, as I understood it, painting code will not work on Mac outside the
paint event, so only using canvas inside paint should be standard ?
Reading is of course possible, I suppose.

Michael.