Am 24.02.23 um 23:00 schrieb Werner Pamler via lazarus:
Am 24.02.2023 um 21:35 schrieb John Landmesser via lazarus:
Hi,

I tried to extend an existing and converted  Delphi 7 project by adding
new form to the converted Delphi 7 project.

But that leads to an AV-error if i try to show this new form by code!

I normally convert Delphi projects manually - it's more work, but I
know what's happening then... And the manual conversion of your test
project worked flawlessly.

But anyway: When trying to use the IDE's Delphi converter I saw two
problems:

/1/ The newly added form is named Form1 (type TForm1) and this screws
up the entire project since these identifiers already exist in the
Delphi project. I can circumvent this issue when I close the IDE after
conversion and create the new form only after a restart.

/2/ But this does not prevent the other issue: The IDE refuses to add
the new form to the list of auto-created forms, and therefore a call
of "Form2.Show" in the OnClick handler of your button on Form1 must
fail. I have no idea what prevents the new form from being
auto-created. As a work-around I added the line
"Application.CreateForm(TForm2, Form2);" to the project unit manually
(and Unit2 to its uses clause). - This way it works.

Please file a bug report.

Thanks for your investigation.!

I'll file a bug report tomorrow.

Regards