Hello all!

I would very much like to use Github Copilot with Free Pascal, and possibly
within the Lazarus IDE.

I have been using Github Copilot a lot recently with my C and C# coding
projects and have found it to be an immensely useful tool. Recently I used
it rapidly to create documentation comments for a large C# API I wrote and
was impressed with the speed and accuracy. I've also found it extremely
productive when it comes to working with third-party libraries where I
haven't much used a new-to-me library. Copilot aids me greatly by
generating code to do tasks with such code while I learn and become
familiar with how to use the aforementioned libraries.

This has led me to experiment with using Github Copilot in Visual Studio
Code with Pascal, and while it simply works by opening files with a ".pas"
extension, there is obviously a lot more which can be done to make a tool
like Copilot with better IDE support. Specifically supporting Pascal
project files that reference packages with their unit source paths,
building and debugging, and problem solving (fixing errors in source code).

My question to you in the Lazarus community is has anyone even attempted to
integrate the Copilot system into Lazarus? If this is not at all possible,
has anyone here used the OmniPascal extension to VS Code and configured it
to work with lazbuild and have working tasks and launch JSON configuration
files they could share along with their insights? I've googled a few
supposed "guides" on the subject and found them to be horribly wrong or
missing many critical steps.

If anyone could give me advice on the matter, I'd be willing to write up
and host a thorough guide on the matter after being able to solve the
numerous configuration problems I'm attempting to solve.