On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 17:03:55 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>Or you use the system installed mailer. That's what I do.
>I write the mail to file and invoke sendmail.
>
>No hassle with TLS, failed connections and whatnot.
>sendmail will do what it takes, even retry in case of temporary failure.
>
>Michael.

So you are implying there is a command line activated "mailer" on Windows Server
2016?

Could you please expand a bit on that, it seems like a way to solve my problem
if it is like so.
I searched on the net and found this:

https://tecadmin.net/send-email-from-windows-command-line/

However after I went through all of the steps outlined there on my actual Server
2016 powershell command line I received after some time (maybe a minute) the
following:

PS H:\> $SMTPClient.Send($Email)
...<wait for a minute or more>...
Exception calling "Send" with "1" argument(s): "The operation has timed out."
At line:1 char:1
+ $SMTPClient.Send($Email)
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : SmtpException

PS H:\>

So how can I utilize this successfully from my FPC console program?
If it works using "Powershell" how can I then execute the commands from my
program using TProcess?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden