08.05.2024 23:33, Zoë Peterson via lazarus пишет:
Is there a preferred submission style for patches?  That is, is one of these better/easier for the maintainers than the others?

1) Create issue, then create merge request referencing issue
2) Create merge request with bug details as part of the merge request submission (or in commit message?)
3) Create issue and include raw patch

Also, should we preemptively tag the appropriate maintainer?

I've done #2 twice now, and I see that in the merged one the GitLab UI makes it fairly easy to view the original merge request where I included more details and a sample project, but I could see the lack of an "issue #1234" in the commit message making it more annoying to refer back to.

Generally I prefer #2. But #1 can be warranted sometimes too, yes. It should be decided individually for each case.

--
Best regards,
 Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:gan...@narod.ru