El 23/5/24 a les 21:46, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
El 23/5/24 a les 20:47, Marc Weustink via lazarus ha escrit:
In this case, don't use the project.res, but use your own. You can include multiple resource files. So you can generate it before.

I just followed the instructions here (and have been doing it for many years, even if this is the first time I tried to generate the file with "Execute before"):

https://wiki.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Project_Options#Resources

though it doesn't say exactly when it is regenerated ("depending on the actions taken in the IDE") it also says "it is therefore a good idea to add the files that are indicated here to the project file as well".

And even if I use a different rc file with {$R myspec.rc}, if the source file with the directive doesn't change it won't be automtically recompiled so no regeneration of the resource file would take place, even if one of the files in myspec.rc has changed, right?

Bye

Marc