On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Henry Vermaak wrote:

2009/7/14 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaert...@netcologne.de>:
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:29:34 +0200
Graeme Geldenhuys <grae...@opensoft.homeip.net> wrote:

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

If you know an option to omit creating the linker/assembler files as
well, we can add that.

If such an option doesn't exist, maybe we can ask the FPC team to
extend the compiler to support it?

If no one answers maybe we can create a feature request.

I'd vote for an fpc feature request: a syntax checking option (like
php -l).  Or maybe just fix -Cn to not produce ppas.sh and link.res?

The whole idea of -Cn is to have ppas.sh and link.res, so the link.res
can be examined, modified and then call the linker manually.

If no one implements the feature request maybe we can add a feature
request for the IDE to delete the file.

Assuming the name of the files (ppas.sh and link.res) might not be a good idea?

Why not ? It's always those names, and I believe on windows it's always ppas.bat

Michael.