Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

Some quick examples were applications don't follow the "look & feel"
rules of the platform, yet users have no problems in using them.

* Windows Media Player.

I cannot use the media player or media center, due to its aberration from any application look&feel. Somebody else may be happy to use his computer like an CD/DVD player, but I had to buy an DVD player first, so that I could read how to use it :-(

* latest Microsoft Office with it's new menu+toolbar design
* Pixel image editor. It fakes native look. But looking closer at it, it
is quite different to native platforms, yet users don't seem to have any
issue with using it.

Dunno what you mean, never used newer versions of such tools.

* And the biggest one of them all. The INTERNET. Websites and Web
Applications like Gmail, Facebook etc... It adheres to NO single
platform, yet billions of users use the internet every day and don't
have problems using it. If you can read the screen, you can use the
interface.

This is an argument for a Web (Delphi IntraWeb?) layout, portable across platforms, because it doesn't rely on any platform specific conventions - except for the framework and interaction between multiple pages (application forms). We might have to rethink the entire application GUI, so that e.g. the placement of menus or other panes can be changed by a simple exchange of a CSS, on every platform, by every user. The same for themes, now also configurable by CSS.

DoDi