Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
2009/11/29 Marco van de Voort <mar...@stack.nl>:
The serious users will consider the current restrained version policy as
more serious and see through a cheap spin.

That would be my view as well. Unfortunately we are then in the
minority. Version numbers on Windows etc. and been in popularity for
some time. No v1 release = rubbish software. Unfortunately that's what
they consider fact.
But if V1 = rubish, then Lazarus shouldn't go V1 ?

Of course there is an alternative approach. Remove versions (on windows) or lower their visibility. Brand the next version of Lazarus as "Lazarus 2010 Edition".

And offer it in different packages:
- 30 days Free Trial
- Gold Edition, 1 User unlimited
- Platinum Edition, Multi user unlimited (if the SVN package/component is ready and can be pre-installed)

scnr
Martin