Paul Nicholls wrote:
Hi all,
    I downloaded and installed pendrive linux on my computer.
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/run-pendrivelinux-2009-in-windows/ After much fannying around (package dependancy issues), I managed to install freepascal, Lazarus 0.9.28.2, gdb (for Lazarus debugging), and SDL. Ok, so far so good... I am now trying to get a Win32 Lazarus SDL project I have already made to now also compile and run under my new shiny Linux ;) When I try and compile the source code, I get this linking error: "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lSDL" if it helps, in Linux, I used this (from memory, might be slightly wrong package name) to install SDL (as root user):

"apt-get install SDL"
You have to install sdl-dev or similar.
So, how do I tell Lazarus where Linux installed the SDL libraries, and how do I find them in the first place if I need a path to them? LOL cheers,
Paul

LyX: http://www.lyx.org/ OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org/
Inkscape: http://www.inkscape.org/ Scribus: http://www.scribus.net/
GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/ PDF: http://www.pdfforge.org/