Hi all,

Continuing our discussion on the other thread, let's get some real action. From this email, I will suggest and collecting some ideas about what we're gonna do with Lazarus web site (and also FPC?). If we settle with the whole things, we could ask some volunteers to do some works over the agreed ideas. I can manage my yunior web designer to help the work, but first I need we agree on how we're gonna reconstruct the whole site. I hope other would do the same so we could collaborate on this work.

This is the first thing: appearance and layout. I've collected some ideas from other development tool websites, maybe they could become our references. But that's all, just references, because I believe we want Lazarus (and FPC?) website to be unique and distinguishable from the others.

http://gcc.gnu.org/
http://rubyonrails.org/
http://haxe.org/
http://www.python.org/
http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/
http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
http://www.perl.org/
http://www.microsoft.com/exPress/
http://www.wxwidgets.org/
http://java.sun.com/
http://www.monkeystudio.org/
http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/
http://www.eclipse.org/
http://netbeans.org/
http://projects.gnome.org/anjuta/index.shtml

Any others more?

Honestly, comparing Lazarus website with the others above, I know we need to make our Lazarus website better and more appeal to the visitors.

Some things need to be considered are:
- who is our audience main target? students? professionals? hobbiests? new comers? - how we gonna appear Lazarus to the audience? cool? serious? funky? funny?
- ... anything else? ...

Those consideration would be reflected on the color theme, site layout, wording, etc. So we should really consider them seriously as those will be impressed on the audience perception.

Please share your ideas and opinions, then get settle on one, and let's do the work.

--

-Bee-

...making buzzes at http://twitter.com/beezing
...writing stories at http://beeography.wordpress.com