Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 18:14:04 +1000
SteveG <ste...@nevets.com.au> wrote:

Just wondering if anything came of the 'transparent panel' discussion ?
ie - does such a beast exist for gtk2 as yet (under Lazarus naturally)

What transparency do you need?
Overlapping controls - a control below the panel should be visible
OR
Seamless - when removing the frame the background should fit the
background of its parent

AFAIK the first is not doable, the second just needs a proper background
theme drawing function.

Mattias

My personal use (this instance anyway), would be to allow an external app below my Lazarus app (eg a browser) to be seen 'thru' the transparent panel. - The tricky part would be to then toggle the ext app to be on top / below my app (when called by myself with button press).

This would be my workaround to not having a 'TWebBrowser' :)
Obviously a hack, but I really do need to incorporate a Java capable browser into my app, and this would suffice for now.

Any other suggestions appreciated as well

Thanks - SteveG