2010/3/10 Bart <bartjun...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded Lazarus to r23919.
> I opened some projects and I noticed that TButtons are no longer
> visible in the form designer, althoug they can be selected if you know
> where they are. (see: form_with_button_designtime.png)
> (This is not only true for old projects, but also for new ones)
>
> The projects compile/build just fine, but running when the program the
> affected controls are not visible on the form, but they nevertheless
> respond to mouse clicks and Tab keys etc. (see:
> form_with_button_runtime.png)
>
> Running from the console I get these messages:
>
> (leeg:7985): Gtk-WARNING **: gtkwidget.c:7306: widget class
> `GtkButton' has no property named `inner-border'
>
> TBitBtn and TSpeedbutton are not effected.
>
> Changing resource style from .lrs to fpc has no effect on the problem.
>
> I'm using Suse 10.0 with gtk2-2.8.3-4.
>
> When built for gtk (instead of gtk2) the buttons show up just fine.
>
> Any ideas on how to solve this (preferribly without the need to
> upgrade my OS, since I'm on an old computer)?

I think this is due to some fumbling with the inner borders of the
button, as the warning suggests.  Go and look at gtk2wsstdctrls.pp and
search for "inner-border", then disable that code.  Your button label
will be padded slightly more inside the button (which is fine, imo,
since it's the gtk default).

Henry