On 19:59, Juha Manninen wrote:

JoshyFun and DoDi,

I have read your C to pascal converter mails in the other (infamous) thread.

This is not important but just some ideas:

I understood ToPas converter is in good shape, except for #defines support.

Now, C++ classes map almost directly to OP classes. If you decide to add them to ToPas, it would be interesting to try it for C++ Builder projects.

#defines are not used much in C++ because of templates, but that doesn't help pascal conversion much. And there are many other syntax additions, I know, so the task is not easy.

The conversion should just leave some parts intact and mark them with proper comments.

There is one C++ parser quite near. SynEdit has one, but I think it is very simple and not suitable for conversion.

Just ideas...

Juha

A file | import menu item would be a nice feature for Lazarus. Even if it only changed the curly brackets to begin .. end; it would be a start!