>> IT WORKS! I definitively vote for documentation. Now, documentation is
>> where I can do something. I cannot add anything to the development of
>> TSQLQuery itself, so much is made more than clear. But, I am happy
>> that the component works the way I expected it to work.
>
>Glad to hear. But if you're not doing something strange, it should also
>work with the default queries.
>Any idea why that doesn't work?

Well...
After it properly worked (inserted a ApplyUpdates and a Refresh), I removed the SQL I created myself. And yes, it works. What I think happened is that because the id wasn't shown, my impression was that things didn't work. I also want the new record to show in a form. I found information on using SQL statements, which set me on the wrong path. Eventually I found the bug report and saw in it the confirmation that I wasn't the only one with the problem. Making the new autoincrement id visible immediately after inserting or appending a record, would solve confusion. However, I.understand the difficulty in implementing that.

Albert