On 2010-07-01 10:17, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
2010/6/30 Adem<listmem...@letterboxes.org>:
IOW, this sort of thing should be a precondition to such contributions. Keeping
the door ajar (or, at least, not closed) for this sort of thing would be
--IMHO-- a good thing as it is likely to bring on (more) commercial (and,
hence/hopefully more stable) interest to the FPC flora and fauna.
Like Michael said, the project is called "Free Pascal" for a reason. But you are always
welcome to fork the project and frequently merge "pascal" related changes from the FPC
project into your forked project. This way you can choose a more appropriate project name as well.
:)
It's not as if I am about to start such a project, let alone dump megabytes of owen-fresh code; we're simply talking about some possible/probable future direction and whether it would be a good idea to make provision for that sort of thing.
IOW, nothing concrete; nothing of imminence.

At this point, I think I remember the time when you announced fpGUI --Lazarus was around then. But, I can't quite recall whether you were met with such a resistence --that there already existed a project for precisely the same purpose and you should pool in your resources into that.
Were you?

Cheers,
Adem