Hi,
I've commited an important patch today (r 27829) , about gtk2 main loop
iterations.
Now it uses g_main_context instead of g_main which is deprecated from
gtk2-2.2.
This patch improves main loop, but also now PostMessage() works fine for
messages from another threads.

*** Gtk2 Laz/LCL must be build with -dUSE_GTK_MAIN_CONTEXT_ITERATION ***
to get this new code work.

If you find any issues about it, please open it's # at bugtracker.
After while I'll set USE_GTK_MAIN_CONTEXT_ITERATION as default, so -d won't be
needed anymore.

I've tested under: Fedora 3 (gtk2-2.12), Fedora 13 (gtk2-2.20), Ubuntu 10.4
64bit (gtk2-2.20).
Gtk2 version isn't important here, but glib2 version is, so if you open any
issue about main loop problems, please provide next informations:

1.Linux distribution & version + 32 or 64 bit
2.Gtk2 version
3.Glib2 version.
4.Provide an simple example where I can reproduce your problem.

thanks.

thanks
  zeljko