On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 09:38:26AM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2010-10-25 09:25, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:
> >
> > Too much work, because it requires me to know in which branches the
> > features are.
>
> That only occurs if they don't name the branch appropriately. For example,
> a branch named 'michaels_work' is useless to anybody else. Compare that to
> a branch named 'ide_build_modes' or 'fpdoc_rtf_hyperlink_support'.

Such schemes only work in retrospect. With 20 people all having a couple of
pet projects you are quickly talking hundreds of branches.

This might be doable for the Linux kernel, but they have a whole
infrastructure of people that do nothing but code review and merging
patches. (and quite some of them are paid to do it)

It doesn't really fit to our workflow.

Aside from that, this would work fine with SVN too, it is the workflow that
is the question here. Not the VCS.