Am 30.11.2010 09:12, schrieb Bo Berglund:
In Delphi I use the "Syntax check" function a lot to verify that my
project does not contain any illegal constructs or missing begin-end
terminators etc.

In Lazarus the only comparable such command I have found is "Quick
Compile", but this is not really what I am after because:
1) It saves my edited files before I am really ready for this
2) It actually compiles the project
3) It takes longer than I expect

Is there a "syntax check" function that I have overlooked, which works
the same way as in Delphi?

How about "Tools"->"Quick syntax check" (or similar, I'm using the German version). I haven't used that yet, so I can't tell you how good and up to date it is.

And what does "Quick" mean in regards to "quick compile"???

Sorry, can't tell you anything about this, cause I'm not using this as well.

Regards,
Sven