Am 17.01.2011 07:43, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
Op 2011-01-17 04:50, Hans-Peter Diettrich het geskryf:
In fpGUI there is no "new AutoSize" and also there is no "FormCreate",
because in fpGUI the convention is to create controls in "AfterCreate"
which is a virtual method and not an event.

So fpGUI has no Delphi compatible FormCreate handlers?

By FormCreate, I assume you mean TForm.OnCreate event and FormCreate
(which can actually have any name) being the event handler for OnCreate?
Is so, obviously yes, fpGUI does have the OnCreate event.

Also fpGUI does not rely on component streaming and thus the
visibility of component fields can be as low as private without problems.

This is what FPC disallows. When the code in AfterCreate sets a property
of a child control, then that property must be at least public.

I think he worded it wrong. I assume he meant that "component fields"
being the componens dropped on a designer form. Under Delphi and Lazarus
those field variables must be located in the Published section of a
Form. In fpGUI they are by default Private and in fact can be in any
visibility section of a Form.

Thanks for explaining my bad wording. :)

Regards,
Sven