Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

Following the RAD discussion, I thought of something.

Often, I subclass a control just to set some properties to other than their
default values. (TLabel.AutoSize and TLabel.layout jump to mind).

This can in fact be avoided by having some kind of 'Application-Wide defaults' system.

Depends on how many *different* defaults are required.

We could implement something like the HTML Cascading Style Sheets, and allow for an artificial "Style" property with every control or control-class. "Themes" is another term that comes into mind...

DoDi