On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 02:20:43 +0200
Juha Manninen <juha.mannine...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

I started to test the Visual Form Inheritance feature after reading about
Michael Van Canneyt's many forms.
I never really used that feature in Delphi myself.

In:
 File -> New... -> Inherited Item -> Inherited Component
there are the existing forms of the current project. A new inherited form can
be made based on them.
IMO the header "Inherited Component" is wrong. It should be "Inherited Form".

All designer base classes: forms, frames, datamodules and customs from
designer mediators.

It is misleading because also components can be inherited but these are not
components.

?

How to register other forms there?

What do you mean?

Registering a custom form in the IDE, I suppose.

See the components/customform package. It demonstrates how to add your own
forms to the IDE File-New menu.

The projecttemplates package also shows this, but it is more hard to follow.

Michael.