Am 26.01.2011 15:40, schrieb Michael Schnell:
Feel free to implement it for the nogui widget set.
In fact (as you might know), for testing, I already did this some time
ago, but I don't want to offer this code to the Lazarus project, as I
took large chunks of source code from MSEGUI (which provides exactly
this functionality), and by that re-implementing multiple
functionalities that already as implemented (several times) in other
Widget sets.

Wouldn't a clean "nogui" implementation allow to use this message loop stuff for other widgetsets as well? Instead of refactoring the other (in use) widgetsets first, start with a nearly unused widgetset and then refactor the other ones if that one works.

Regards,
Sven