On 02/13/2011 11:15 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
In serial components I have used with Delphi before there was always a
property to set the buffer sizes (both Tx and Rx). But I cannot find a
way to do this with SdpoSerial.
Does SdpoSerial use buffers at all ? With AsyncPro, Buffers necessary to convert the blocking System interface into the event driven AsyncPro user API by doing the blocking system calls in threads. With the receiver, the collected data needs to be buffered until the main thread is available to handle it, With the sender, the data generated by the main thread needs to be buffered until the system API unblocks the interface it blocked to prevent overrun of the system buffers.

Without using threads the user just sees a blocking interface and no buffers are necessary.

-Michael