Martin kirjoitti lauantai 12 maaliskuu 2011 03:06:48:
> I'd still say indent should go back, but not a big issue.

I moved items in main menu some more.
I also added Source sub-menu to the editor's popup menu and reorganized the
items as in main menu. IMO It is quite good now.

Delphi 2009 has about the same number of menu items as Lazarus now.
The biggest difference is now the Source menu which Delphi doesn't have.
Source menu is implemented by some other IDEs and was suggested for Lazarus by
Mattias. It seems to be a useful menu, although often it is difficult to tell
if
an item belongs to Edit, Source or Refactor menu.

Eclipse has Source menu but otherwise I would not follow many or their
inventions. For example they have Run -> External Tools. It is logical somehow
but not intuitive. It takes time to find it.
Then they have Window -> Preferences. Why Window?
Some of their GUI design looks odd and shows it is made by different people
with different ideas. That is a problem with any open source project of course.

Juha