On 03/28/2011 12:43 PM, Marc Weustink wrote:
look at the no_root_squash export option
Thanks a lot ! I'll try this.

- Unfortunately, on the Slug, automount does not seem to create the
subdirectory given in the /etc/auto.xxx file denoted by
/etc/auto.master, so that I can't automount the USB disks yet :( .

submounts need to be reexported
Unless you are using nfs4 and have some option enabled (haven't figured that one out yet)

Hmm.
I'll recheck, but in fact this had been tested without any NFS binding. Just trying to mount a volume on an USB stick, which I had been able to mount easily with the "mount" command.

And even with nothing mountable available, I think the appropriate mount points given in auto.xxx should be created by "autofs" just when staring it.

Thanks again,
-Michael