On 20/04/2011 17:41, Bernd wrote:
> ยน) some kind of search index or list of all procedures that are
> defined in any of the standad units would really be helpful.

You can do this already - at least I can for the last year or so.
Generate the fpdoc documentation for RTL, FCL, LCL in fpGUI INF output
format. fpdoc output will actually be in xxx.ipf files. Then compile
that into binary help using WIPFC (which is included with fpGUI). You
can even use skeleton fpdoc output because it will list all procedures,
classes, methods etc. Then use fpGUI's DocView help viewer which can
concatenate all those help files at runtime. A search in DocView is very
very fast - under a second to search all those help files. Needless to
say, much faster than 'Find in Files' or Grep searching.

If you don't want to go through all that, just wait a few days for me to
make the next fpGUI release. Then simply download the pre-built INF docs
and binary of DocView. DocView can integrate into Lazarus IDE via the
External Tools menu option - so no need to rebuild the IDE, plus you can
have offline context sensitive help in Lazarus IDE then too (excluding
the IDE help itself, because that is stuck in the online wiki site only).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/