Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 31 January 2012 11:39, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:>> No. I don't want to simulate a
keyboard, I want to be able to pick up an Alt> or Meta shift so that if my keyboard was
engraved like> http://www.aplusdev.org/keyboard.html I could get the extra characters
into> editing controls as UTF-8.
I didn't follow this thread in detail, so if I got the wrong end ofthe stick,
please ignore this message.
I use "Programmer Dvorak" layout - which can be applied to any OS andany
keyboard - does this for me. No programming required from my side.Programmer Dvorak
supports many extra keys via Alt and Meta.
They original author of Programmer Dvorak supplies drivers or keyboardlayout
profiles for Linux, Windows, Mac etc. So maybe you could learnsomething from
what he did? Just a thought.
http://www.kaufmann.no/roland/dvorak/

Thanks, but there's still the issue there that it would need stuff installed outside of the single binary, and it's unclear whether it could originate 16-bit characters.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk