On 28/02/2012 15:01, John Repucci wrote:

    Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:53:38 +0100
    From: Bart <bartjun...@gmail.com <mailto:bartjun...@gmail.com>>
    Subject: [Lazarus] SourceEditor: strange "gap" on right hand side
    <mailto:lazarus@lists.lazarus.freepascal.org>>

    Hi,

    After upgrading from r34833 to r35612 I noticed that the SourceEditor
    now had a strange "gap" on the right hand side, see attached
    screenshot.
    Anybody knwos what it is, or why it is there?

    Bart

It shows (with a little dash within that vert space) where your changes have been made.
I also saw that recently and wondered, but I do find it useful.

It can be switched on and off in the IDE options.

It does show (for the entire file):
- position of breakpoints
- position of bookmarks
- changes (unsaved/saved) per line
- implementation/interface/initialization (shaded grey)
- current visible page (shaded grey)

The current visible page slightly differs from the scrollbar, as this overview is slightly longer than the scrollbar.

In some distant future, there will be more info being added