Marc Santhoff schrieb:
Am Dienstag, den 28.02.2012, 16:01 +0100 schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:
William Oliveira Ferreira schrieb:
Well, i think all pascal developers should do something about it and, all the fpc/lazarus team is doing a wonderfull work!
+-1

Yes, much time is spent on the *code*, on mass instead of quality.
No, the *documentation* is in an horrible state.

From my view this is not absolutely true. There in fact is a lot of
documentation, but it's often a problem to find it. Most things are
already available in the wiki or the generated docs.

I do not only mean general information, but information about the added
features, that can be provided only by the inventors of these features.

The team presents itself as "we are the greatest", and assumes that every user will understand immediately these great ideas, casted into cryptic code. Everybody else, be a Lazarus user already, or be somebody interested in learning more about Lazarus, is left alone in the rain.

Is it really required to file an bug report, for every undocumented item, in order to get more information about it? Questions in the mailing list about such items are typically never answered, and according marks in the documentation are silently dropped. Is this how the team expects Lazarus be ever documented? Let somebody write something, it will most probably be correct? Reality proves almost the opposite: a lot of false guesses in the docs, which obviously never had been verified :-(

DoDi