Juha Manninen schrieb:

Improving the documentation is now a "hot topic". I think more people should get write access to the doc directory in the repository, if only there are people willing to take the effort.

IMO this is not a good idea, for several reasons:

I already removed so much crap from the docs, which may creap in again with uncontrolled access.

In contrast to source code, there is no compiler that could verify the correctness of the documentation. Most entries deserve notes like "deserves citations" in wikipedia, and background information proofing the descriptions as correct. The new <notes> could be used to supply such information, similar to the "discussion" page in wikipedia.

The XML files are very sensitive to reformatting or moving parts around. Reformatting done e.g. by LazDE can result in an commit of the entire file, hiding the essential differences.

DoDi