Marc Santhoff schrieb:

Where is the process of building up help files documented? Seen from my
current knowledge there are many new tools and facts I do not know or
understand.

In the source directories, i.e. in $fpcdocs (wherever you checked it out), or in Lazarus/docs/html. The procedures vary, depending on the platform.

If not already done or trivial, I'd suggest writing or better drawing a
chart of the targets, sources and tools to use when wanting to write
documentation.

See e.g. http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Documentation, in detail "7 Missing documentation?"

Although this may sound ugly to some of you, some sort of graph with
notes and explanations would be very easy readable and understandable.

Right, but I don't want to contribute to the wiki, because it is too unstructured, and I cannot find in it what I need :-(

DoDi