The work being done to improve the Help functionality in Lazarus is much appreciated. One part of the newer interface that currently seems inadequate to me is the naming of the "Macrofy" button (Tools¦Options¦Help¦External).

I think it is OK to name the underlying string function Macrofy, as a convenient neologism to describe the functionality. However, it does not work as a button label, being far too cryptic, and I think the hint description "Replace common directories with macros" (or something like it) should be part of caption of the control that initiates the macrofying.

Such a long phrase is probably too verbose for a button caption, but the present terse "Macrofy" is just too odd (at least in English, perhaps it works better in other languages), and it is too short, lacking the immediately obvious meaning that the button will effect a replacement of directory path names with macro substitutions.

I welcome the functionality, but think it needs to be presented to the user less cryptically.