My experience with the 0.9.30.4 and trunk versions suggests that docking will be discontinued in Lazarus?

The LCL, IDE and Win32 widgetset contain code that breaks Delphi compatible drag-dock deliberately, for no obvious reason or benefit. It looks to me as if none of the core developers understands the implementation and use of dragging in general and drag-dock in detail. Postponing required fixes to rev. 0.99 will make it almost impossible to support a dockable IDE any more, due to the many breaks in the current IDE code.

While a dockable IDE can be achieved in 0.9.30.4 with a few simple patches, I could not find out what breaks docking in the trunk IDE at all - the dockable IDE windows simply disappear, including the source editors and messages windows :-(

Can we agree to make the IDE dockable again *now*, or should I stop waiting for another usable IDE?

DoDi