Jürgen Hestermann schrieb:

A panel seems to be doable but it's still awkward. Now the locations of the radio buttons are located relative to the panel and I have to rearrange them all. I thought that there is some logical grouping that is independend from the visible location but it seems this does not exist.

The grouping model (by parent) originates in Windows and was not extended in Delphi. Logical groups would require additional data structures in a form (member arrays...), and could cause conflicts with e.g. Frames.

I don't see how a user will recognize arbitrary radio button groups, with related buttons scattered across a form. Buttons in a panel or RadioGroupBox instead are naturally perceivable as related. Thus IMO the given model enforces a clearly structured GUI.

DoDi