cobines wrote:
2012/3/22 Mark Morgan Lloyd <markmll.laza...@telemetry.co.uk>:
At that point if there's an ./ide/revision.inc file containing

// Created by Svn2RevisionInc
const RevisionStr = '35880M';

can it be included into a unit to make it visible at compile time?

You can add "$(LazarusDir)\ide" to the include paths of the project.
Then this works:

{$I revision.inc}

const
  revIntroducedNewFeature = '55555';

begin
  {$IF (RevisionStr >= revIntroducedNewFeature)}
  UseNewFeature;
  {$ENDIF}
end;

True, although what I was really wondering was whether it could be pulled in purely by referencing a unit, rather than having $I all over the place. And there's still the issue of recovering gracefully if the include file isn't available or the version is non-numeric, i.e. has an appended M or reads "exported" because Lazarus wasn't built from SVN.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk