Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
2012/3/28 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma@...:

Here it takes only a few minutes.

+1

I see no visible difference in speed between my native host system,
and the VM sessions I run. I have a lot of VM sessions for our product
testing and building, and yes, I do FPC building on them too.

IMO the most critical point is the memory configuration. VMs tend to use fixed memory, i.e. the virtual RAM is mapped to persistent physical RAM, reducing the available RAM on the host machine. One can play around with different amounts of virtual memory, starting with 512MB, to find out the best configuration for the host machine.

DoDi