Jürgen Hestermann schrieb:
Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
 >> That's exactly what I did. I used Larazus to create a console
 >> application. I then added my general purpose unit to the uses clause.
>> Then compile failed with an error message that had nothing to do with my
 >> program or unit.
 >
 > A console application is for simple stdin/stdout programs that runs in
 > the DOS box, the OS X terminal, the Linux shell, etc.

Exactly. That's what I wanted to create. I only included my general purpose unit which I also use for LCL programs.

The design of your "general purpose" unit obviously is flawed. Console and GUI applications differ in many subtle ways, and I suggest that you use {$IFnDEF CONSOLE} to exclude everything that is available and usable only in a GUI application. This general purpose solution already exists, you simply did not yet find out how to use it :-)

There exist more hidden pitfalls, e.g. that you have to use SysUtils in order to make SEH work - a Delphi heritage.

DoDi