Reinier Olislagers schrieb:
On 5-4-2012 14:21, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
Reinier Olislagers schrieb:
Otherwise, you can test if it's in the compiler binary path, <fpcdir>\bin\<architecture>, e.g. c:\development\fpctrunk\bin\i386-win32\make.exe fpdoc is in
<fpcdir>\utils\fpdoc\fpdoc.exe (or in the compiler binary path, see
above)
All my FPC/Lazarus stuff resides on D:, not on C:.
E.g. means exempli gratia, for example.

This doesn't help when the Path is not set up as required.
If you don't have a make.exe in your path or fpc bin directory... well,
you can always make the make path configurable for the user (instead of
having him run make himself)...

Alternatively, just tell the user to put make.exe in
the bin dir.... should still be more user friendly than having him hunt
down the proper path for make, start a console session, run make with
that path and rtl.chk etc.

Or tell users to set up the path as required before starting
fpdocmanager... not my preferred solution but would be possible.

I leave it to the users, like you <g>, to send complaints to the FPC team, instead of implementing complicated and error prone workarounds for an obviously simple proper fix.

Again: feel free to provide an patch or a stand-alone tool, that
allows to create an fpdoc commandline or project for the RTL and FCL,
on every machine.
No thanks, I think I'll stick with the existing fpdoc tools:
1. FPDocmanager is not cross platform
2. FPdocmanager requires manually setting unit paths and recompiling
3. As you mentioned, it doesn't support an FPCDocs directory separate
from an FPC directory

Sorry, you have a very wrong picture of the FPDocManager :-(
None of the above is true, eventual restrictions (if ever) are imposed by fpdoc.

Then why is fpdocmanager in Lazarus, not in FPC - I thought fpcdocs
should be maintainable with FPC only without requirement for Lazarus,
but I might be mistaken...

You can have a GUI, or use the FPC commandline procedures. LazDE also is a Lazarus tool for documentation writers.

Do the current fpdoc toolset maintainers agree with FPDocmanager
projects replacing makefiles?

You seem to miss that *fpdoc* introduced projects, the FPDocManager only *uses* that feature.

And when will this replacement happen?

Don't ask me :-(

I've been fighting with the existing fpdoc system, that's why I decided
to try fpdocmanager... having an idea which way things will go will
definitely help.

I've been fighting with the existing fpdoc system, too, that's why I decided to implement fpdocmanager. I can't help you if you don't like it, for reasons residing in fpdoc.

DoDi