Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:59:26 +0000
Mark Morgan Lloyd <markmll.laza...@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

On Linux running on either SPARC or PPC, trying to invoke context-sensitive help (i.e. F1 key over a keyword) fails with a dialogue e.g. "Unknown error showing /forms/tapplication/initialize.html". There's no error addresses etc. on the console, the exception doesn't break the IDE.

Sounds like a bug in lhelp. Can you start lhelp standalone and check?

With the dialogue displayed, the IDE is unresponsive but lhelp is running. In that state, lhelp allows me to select a file but fails on SPARC (not tested PPC, don't believe I see this on ARM) with a bus error.

On PPC (Mac G3 running Debian "Lenny") I get the "Unknown..." exception in the IDE but don't get an error in lhelp.

I see neither error on ARM (Debian "Squeeze"). However this is an armv5tejl as implemented by Qemu emulation, and it might not be as touchy on alignment issues as something like a genuine armv5tel or there might be better OS-level handling.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk