Hi All!

I am trying to implement a program that will send emails to (a subset of) an application-specific roster.

I found numerous references to synapse so I downloaded the source which includes a .lpk library (it is several years old). When I tried to compile it under Lazarus 1.1, fpc 2.6.2, the compiler could not find a method called inet_addr. I searched the synapse source code and it showed numerous references to inet_addr, but no place where it was defined for fpc. I hacked the code so it used linux rather than fpc and it failed while looking for unit libc, before ever getting to the inet_addr declaration. I looked for libc and found that it is obsolete and does not seem to be available for 64-bit systems anyway.

Has anyone had success in using this library under Linux (x86-64)?

I also examined Indy (which I used successfully years ago on Delphi/Borland c++ Builder) but it, too, is obsolete (latest updates seem to be circa 2006) and comes with many, many warnings and caveats.

I found Mailpas (also from 2006) but I am having problems compiling the library -- it says it can't find a file which really is there where it is supposed to be. -- During the long mailing list shutdown I found that the compiler message about a non-existent include file was wrong. The actual failure was that the include file "uses libc" which does not exist on my system (same problem as with synapse). I'll submit a bug report as soon as I can.

Is there any other smtp and pop3 code available for Lazarus or will I have to generate my own from scratch?

Thanks,

Don Ziesig