Since Firefox (and i assume Firefox OS) uses the new "asm.js" subset of
javascript (a js subset that looks like assembly which can be converted to
native code, something like a js-based portable LLVM bitcode), couldn't FPC
generate asm.js code instead of x86 assembly/machine code?

Obviously that wouldn't solve the GUI issue (one will still need to
implement a HTML-based (or whatever) LCL backend, but i think with canvas
nowadays that is possible).