Not entirely. According to the Delphi documentation RootKey needs to be set instead of CurrentKey and also the key must be closed in the end. I've already done the implementation and I'm currently testing it. As a workaround for older FPC versions simply set RootKey to the value returned by RegConnectRegistry. Note: The login stuff mentioned on the MSDN page needs to be done nevertheless.
Implemented in FPC revision 25332.

Attached is an example program that shows how to remotely connect to another machine (this can also be used for using RegConnectRegistry directly in case of FPC 2.6.2 and older). The machine name is given as UNC name as first argument (e.g. "\\SomeComputer") and the username as second argument. The password will be queried on the command line by Windows. If the connection is successful the keys of HKEY_USERS of the remote machine will be enumerated. Tested on a Windows 7 machine connecting to another Windows 7 machine.

Note: The remote registry service must run on the destination machine.

Maybe commit the example in fcl-registry/examples ?

Michael.