On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Reinier Olislagers
<reinierolislag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/12/2013 12:15, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM, Reinier Olislagers
>> <reinierolislag...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> My suggestion is to replace calls to the FPC (ANSI) RTL with LCL UTF8
>>> equivalents in your code where possible.
>>
>> But FPC still ANSI and all read/write in FPC is ANSI. We can not
>> override these internal FPC's routines... and, some packages are used
>> by others non-GUI program and that not have dependencies to LCL.
>
> Sigh. I don't think you understood what I wrote.

So explain better, please.

> And LCLBase doesn't pull in GUI stuff, IIUC...

Sigh. I know.
I think you did not understand is:
Some packages do not work (internally) using UTF8 strings. I can
change all code to use UTF8 in all package and all projects... but
this would be a massive work.

>>> Apart from that there's not much else you can do except contribute
>>> patches to help "unicode-ise" the FPC RTL...
>>
>> Ok... But first I would like to know who have these same problems,
>> like me, working on Windows and what these people do to bypass these
>> problems.
> As is customary whenever somebody mentions the magic "U" word, I'm sure
> you'll get a lot of responses....

Sorry, I didn't understand... (sarcasm?)

Thank you,
Marcos Douglas