Apologies for reformatting the message to conform to the usual bottom-posting convention.

Hew Lines wrote:
On 2013-12-23 9:18 AM, Bart wrote:
On 12/23/13, Hew Lines <hewli...@shaw.ca> wrote:

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to access the data in the Project
Application dialogue ? Specifically the Version Number. I would like to
include the Version Number in both my About box as well as the Title Bar
of the main form but I have been unable to figure out how to access the
data stored in the Project Information dialogue.
>From some project of mine.

   LazVersion := 'Lazarus '+ LCLVersion;
   FpcVersion := 'FPC ' + {$I %FPCVERSION%};

The Lazarus revision resides in ide/revision.inc, but I'm not sur
eit's wise to include it in your project?

> Thanks Bart but that's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for
> the version number of the compiled application. It is set in the Version
> Info panel of the Project Options dialogue box and auto-incremented with
> every build. I know that I can do it manually but am trying to see if I
> can simply read the auto-incremented value from the Version Info
> maintained by Lazarus.

I recall previous discussion of this. From what I remember you have to read resource information from the executable and that's OS-specific: I don't know whether anybody's consolidated this into a single class yet.

http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/attachments/20100723/8db6b97e/attachment.ksh

That's from a thread on the 22/23rd July '10, refer to the archive for detail.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk