Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

But this does not enable you to process the *information* displayed at such a speed.
As stated in my last mail the USAF and their pilots do not share your opinion.

Please... These people are primed for this kind of thing.

But the general discussion didn't say that the user of [whatever it was we were talking about] wasn't similarly primed.

I'm assuming that the purpose of displaying 20 videos simultaneously is so people can react on it, not simply to induce epilepsy attacks. Hence my conclusion that 10FPS is ample for a GUI - take even 24 FPS if you prefer.

The point was simply that this relatively low speed does not warrant thread-aware GUIs.

I agree with that conclusion, but primarily on account of the known implementation problems.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk